X80 - X100
The offshore oil & gas industry continually looks to reduce the weight of its installations by increasing the strength of materials used.
As a world class supplier of steel pipes, Eisenbau Krämer responded to these challenges by developing and now supplying longitudinally welded steel pipes produced from the latest generation of high strength steels, such as API 5L X80, X80 NACE, X100, X120 and X140, produced in both the TMCP and Q&T supply condition. These products find service in applications including:
Drilling riser, riser pipes, gathering lines, wellhead houses, line pipes, mother pipes for bend
To be successfully implemented into a design, these products need to combine low levels of hardness with reliable and consistent yield strength in both the longitudinal and transverse directions. Additionally, mechanical properties must remain within specification during further fabrication of the finished pipes, including stress relieving heat treatment.
Typical mechanical values taken from EBK pipes are given below:
- Tensile strength Rm: 621 - 827 MPa (in transverse direction)
- Yield strength Rt0.5: 552 - 690 MPa (in transverse direction)
- Elongation A 2“: min. 30%
- CVN energy value: 42/34J at -20 °C (-4 °F)
- Hardness: max. 248 HV10
- Tensile strength Rm: min. 770 MPa (in transverse direction)
- Yield strength Rt0.5: min. 690 MPa (in transverse direction)
- Elongation A 2“: min. 25%
- Hardness: max. 300 HV10
Low levels of hardness are particularly important to guarantee good toughness properties, while maintaining weight saving mechanical strength.
The table below shows the wide range of dimensions Eisenbau Krämer offers to the market:
- Outside diameter: 16“-48“ (406 - 1.219 mm)
- Length: max. 42‘ (13.200 mm)*
*note: please ask for further dimensions